A festive and fun recipe that is always a 'wow', it can easily be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer, ready to take with you to the next special occasion! Gluten-free, dairy-free & refined-sugar free.
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup (10-12) dried dates
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or cacao butter (available at most health food stores) if wanting it to set harder
- Pulse the nuts and cacao in the food processor until it looks like bread crumbs.
- While the food processor is running add in the dates one at a time and the coconut oil or cacao butter until it is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a small slice tin lined with baking paper and press it down firmly to form the base. Place in the freezer to set.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, I use whatever is in the fridge, but it’s usually almond milk.
- Pulse the cranberries, coconut and pistachios in the food processor until chopped (making sure you don’t over process, you want it a little chunky).
- Add the coconut oil (or cacao butter) and milk and pulse again until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the mixture on top of the base and return to the freezer to set.
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- Warm all the ingredients gently, on low heat, until well combined and looks like chocolate icing.
- Spread the chocolate sauce on top of the filling. Make sure the filling is set before you do this step!
- Pop it back into the freezer for an hour or so, then remove it from the tin, slice it up and store it in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. If storing it in the freezer, remove it ½ hour before serving.